Sunday, September 28, 2014

80th Birthday Celebration

While taking a moment to appreciate the scenery from my trek up Cerro Arco, I noticed a couple jeeps pull up on the top of the hill. I saw them gathering but thought nothing of it. A few nosy moments later, I saw there was a parachute on the ground, so I’m thinking, video footage! As I go to pull out my camera towards this group of about 8 men, I decide to muster up the courage to initiate a conversation with them, which I rarely do in Spanish, in order to avoid being the stranger recording what looked like a slightly intimate event, and it was. Upon approaching I was informed that it was 'abuelo’s' 80th birthday and so all the men, his sons and grandsons, came out to realize this dream of his, to paraglide. They were all there to cheer him on and celebrate.

Let me just say, I hope that when I’m 80 I’ll have the ability and desire to run, connected to another human towards the edge of a hill and be carried away into the air and fly around over my city.  




Birthday Man!

                      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment